StrongHearts Native Helpline (1-844-762-8483) is a confidential and anonymous culturally-appropriate domestic, dating and sexual violence helpline for Native Americans, available every day from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT. StrongHearts advocates offer the following services at no cost:
- peer support and advocacy
- information and education about domestic violence and sexual violence
- personalized safety planning
- crisis intervention
- referrals to Native-centered domestic violence and sexual violence service providers
- basic information about health options
- support finding a local health facility or crisis center that is trained to care for survivors of sexual assault and offers services like sexual assault forensic exams
- general information about jurisdiction and legal advocacy referrals
If it’s not safe to call, our online chat advocacy sessions might be a better option. Users receive one-on-one, real-time, confidential information from a trained advocate.
Unfortunately, StrongHearts Native Helpline is not able to provide internet-based services to people younger than 13. While our chat advocacy is not available to people 12 and younger, our phone services are available to people of all ages.
All advocacy services are available daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT.
Chatline users reaching out after hours will receive a message re-directing them to reach out during operating hours or to reach out to The National Domestic Violence Hotline, a non-Native based 24-7 domestic violence helpline.
What to Expect
Click on the purple Chat Now button to connect with an advocate, located on each page of our website in the same location.
- There is no need to download anything.
- This is not a public chat room – it is a private one-on-one chat.
- It is completely confidential and anonymous.
- Chatline users are asked to complete a series of non-identifying demographics questions first.
- These questions are optional and not required before beginning a chat session. To opt-out, just leave the answer blank.
- When the answers are complete (or left blank), click on the Start Chat button to open a chat session with an advocate.
- To close a chat at any time, click on the X in the top right corner of the chat window, followed by End Chat.
As always, your safety is most important to us and it could be helpful to remember to click out of the site when you’re done chatting and clear your online history. To learn more about staying safe online, we recommend reading Behind the Screens.